I have been providing evidence-based counselling therapy for over 25 years. I am trained in Cognitive-Behaviour Therapies and Counselling Psychotherapy. I predominately utilises CBT and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT). Learn more about ACT here.
My experience includes work in a diverse range of settings including schools, universities counselling services, prisons, trauma centres, refugee and asylum seeker services as well as private practice. I have worked in a number of cultural settings including Aotearoa New Zealand, China and Australia. I specialise in working with sexually and gender diverse (LGBTQIA+) people.
I work with individuals and couples over the age of 18 and am experienced in working with a broad range of difficulties including:
• Stress, anxiety and depression,
• Concentration and focus difficulties including ADHD,
• Procrastination and loss of motivation,
• Identity, gender, sexuality, dysmorphia and image issues,
• Health and fitness,
• Relationships and family issues,
• Trauma, violence, bereavement and grief and illness,
• Achieving work, study and personal or professional goals.